ACTIVE WOERMANN COMPETITIONS
Treasure Hunt Competition
18 May – 16 July 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. HOW TO ENTER:
a. STEP 1: IDENTIFY the participating products that are marked with special tags on the shelves in-store.
b. STEP 2: BUY any of the participating products with the special tag to the value of N$150 or more.
c. STEP 3: SMS the keyword HUNT followed by your till slip number and your name to the number 32532. MAKE SURE YOU ENTER BEFORE EVERY DRAW DATE IN ORDER TO QUALIFY. RETAIN YOUR ORIGINAL TILL SLIP IN ORDER TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE. NO TILL SLIP = NO PRIZE. KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL TILL SLIP IN A SAFE, DARK PLACE AWAY FROM DIRECT SUNLIGHT TO PREVENT IT FROM FADING. d. The competition is only available for entry by customers shopping at the following Woermann Brock Stores: Swakopmund: Main Branch and Liquor Store • Vineta Supermarket and Liquor Store • Mondesa Family Store • Arandis Family Store and Liquor Store • Walvis Bay: Main Branch and Liquor Store • Narraville Supermarket • Shoreline Family Store • Seagull Family Store • Kuisebmond Family Store • Henties Bay: Family Store, Supermarket and Liquor Store • Oshakati: Eluwa Family Store and Liquor Store. e. SMS ENTRIES COST N$1.00 EACH AND MAY BE BILLED BY YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER.
2. ONE TILL SLIP = ONE ENTRY. You cannot enter the same till slip number more than once. Participants can enter multiple times, provided each entry is associated with a new purchase and till slip number. You can only win once during the Competition period.
3. Only entries that comply with all the entry criteria will be accepted.
4. Entries generated by any form or automated means that subvert the entry process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of the Competition rules, may disqualify the Participant.
5. The cellular telephone number used to enter the Competition will be the same number used to contact the potential winner during the draw period and will be deemed to be the cellular telephone number of the Participant and potential winner.
6. All correct and complete entries will qualify for the draw.
7. This Treasure Hunt competition is conducted by Woermann Brock & Co. (Swakopmund) (Pty) Ltd, hereafter referred to as the Promoter. This competition is open to all members of the public, excluding employees of Woermann Brock & Co. (Swakopmund) Group of companies.
8. This competition is an in-store competition valid Thursday 18 May until Sunday 16 July 2023. Entries received after Sunday 16 July 2023 will not be considered.
WHO CAN ENTER?
9. Participants must have a valid ID, passport or legal permanent residence documentation and reside in the Republic of Namibia from Thursday 18 May until Sunday 23 July 2023. Participants under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by their parent/legal guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the Treasure Hunt competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of a prize.
10. By entering this competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and the promoter’s decision regarding any issue with the competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. This is an SMS entry competition. All entries may be billed by your service provider. The promoter shall not be responsible for failures on the part of your service provider. ONLY MTC AND TN MOBILE NUMBERS CAN BE USED TO ENTER THE COMPETITION.
12. The Promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any undelivered, failed or delayed entries for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
13. 60 winners will be selected at random and each winner will be entitled to one prize of N$5000 within the THREE DRAW PERIODS.
14. Potential prize winners will be required to present their ORIGINAL till slip as proof of purchase. Without their original till slip, they will automatically be disqualified.
15. The prizes are not transferable or negotiable.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prize not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
17. Promoter will not cover any costs of the winners whatsoever.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS
18. The winners will be determined by random draws done in accordance with the following timetable, provided however that this timetable is subject to change in the Promoter’s sole discretion should circumstances dictate – FIRST DRAW OF 20 WINNERS: 07 – 10 June 2023; SECOND DRAW OF 20 WINNERS: 27 – 30 June 2023; THIRD DRAW OF 20 WINNERS: 17 – 20 July 2023.
19. The potential winners will be contacted by the Promoter and informed that they have been drawn as potential winners. They will be required to answer verification questions (which may include but not be limited to providing the original till slip and a copy of their ID) before they are confirmed as winners.
20. Once the Promoter has verified the potential winners’ original till slips and IDs, the prizes will be awarded on an arranged date and at one of the participating stores. Potential winners who are unable to provide their original till slips and ID will be disqualified and a replacement potential winner will be drawn.
21. The Promoter will telephonically make three attempts within 48 hours to contact the potential winners. If all three attempts go unanswered, or a potential winner fails to provide the required documents and information, they will be disqualified and a replacement potential winner will be drawn.
22. Delivery of the prize will be by a representative of the Promoter and arranged with each winner individually.
23. Prize winners will be required to provide acknowledgment of receipt of their prize.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to select alternative winners when they believe, in their sole discretion, that: (i) a winner is not eligible to win; (ii) a winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions; (iii) a winner has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Competition; (iv) a winner’s conduct can be interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the Competition; (v) a winner has acted fraudulently with regards to the Competition; (vi) it would be unlawful to award the prize; or if after first being contacted by the Promoter, is not reachable. In these instances, the winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
25.The Promoter reserves the right to announce the winners’ names and photos of the winners publicly, on any digital sites including the Promoter’s websites and social media pages, printed media and/or on radio. Entry into this Competition is deemed to be consent by Participants to announce their names publicly.
PUBLICITY AND DATA PRIVACY
26.By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to winners.
27.Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoter in terms of the law of the Republic of Namibia should any terms or conditions be found to be in conflict with any laws, they will be severable from the remaining terms and conditions contained herein.
28. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter. Please note that the terms and conditions of this competition require you to take on risk, limit the liability of the Promoter and indemnify the Promoter.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control. The Competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition for any reason it deems fit. Any changes to the Competition, including termination thereof, will be communicated to Participants. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
30. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
31. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs, suffered by a Participant in relation to this Competition or the prizes offered, including but not limited to claims relating to defects in the prizes or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants.
32. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
33. The laws of the Republic of Namibia shall govern these competition terms and conditions.
34. For further information please contact the Promoter on +264 811 506 181 or email@example.com