Frequently asked Questions Properties
Rent increments are done annually, meaning only once a year.
- Shortest term: 1 year
- Long term: 3/ 5 years
Two – three weeks if all required documentation is attached and the application is completed in full.
No, we do not specify, but the type of business that will be conducted is a factor when the application is considered. Below are a few aspects we look at when considering the application for approval:
- Is there already a similar business on the premises?
- What products/goods are similar to the other shops on the premises?
- Will it hinder the other shops in any way e.g noise, smells, etc.
Yes, deposit is payable upfront and is equivalent to 1 month’s rent for Namibians and 2 month’s rent for foreigners.
Yes, you can do the application on your personal name.
A valid signed lease agreement for the current place of residence can also be provided in the absence of a municipal account.
It is vital that we get confirmation on your credibility. Below are some alternatives you can attach (A minimum of 3 references is required in this case):
- MTC account for a phone or Wifi or contract
- Telecom account
- Water account if it is on your name or on the name of your landlord, if it is on the landlord’s name, a copy of the signed lease agreement must be provided with the corresponding name and address
- A 6 month bank statement (stamped by the bank)
No and Yes:
- No, the deposit has to be paid in FULL before keys are handed over to the tenant, meaning deposit cannot be paid after commencement date of the lease agreement.
- Yes, As long as the full amount is paid before the commencement date of the lease agreement, it can be paid off in installments. Almost like a lay-buy agreement.
This depends on the shop that you want to rent, please enquire with us regarding the utilities for the specific shop.